Medicinal Qualities of Moringa Leaves
- Juice from the leaves is believed to have a stabilizing effect on blood pressure and is used to treat anxiety. It is believed to control glucose levels in cases of diabetes.
- Mixed with honey and followed by a drink of coconut milk 2 or 3 times a day, leaves are used as a remedy for diarrhea, dysentery and colitis.
- Leaf juice, sometimes with carrot juice added, is used as a diuretic. Eating leaves is recommended in cases of gonorrhea because of the diuretic action.
- Leaves and buds are rubbed on the temples for headache.
- A poultice is made from fresh leaves and applied to reduce glandular swelling.
- Leaf juice is used as a skin antiseptic.
- Leaves are used to treat fevers, bronchitis, eye and ear infections, scurvy, and catarrh (inflammation of the mucus membrane).
- Leaves are considered to be anthelmintic ( able to kill intestinal worms).
- Leaves are used as a purgative.
- Eating leaves is believed to increase a woman’s milk production and is sometimes prescribed for anemia.